"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Thursday, April 28, 2011

IT'S A.................................

Before I begin our story from yesterday's anatomy ultrasound I ask that you please say some prayers for some people who are going through one of the hardest times of their life. See story HERE. They're son has been battling cancer and they have just been told there is nothing more than can do but wait for him to pass.  It is such a sad story and my heart breaks for them. 



So, yesterday was a whirlwind day to say the least.  Our anatomy scan was not scheduled until 1:00 in the afternoon so I decided to work the beginning of the day to occupy my mind.  It was a good thing I did since my co-worker ended up stuck in Minneapolis and I had some critical items that had to be dealt with that morning.  Needless to say, I was happy to have something to keep my mind occupied.

I finally left work at 12:30 and headed for the doctors.  I completely underestimated the time it would take to get there and was in a panic when I realized I would be cutting it really close. Luckily, I happened to get behind a cop car that was driving just a weeee bit over the speed limit so I followed him and made it JUST in time :)

We were only there for a few minutes when the ultrasound tech, Jane, called us back.  I have to say that this is our fourth ultrasound and she has somehow been our tech for ALL of them. She is the sweetest woman and makes me feel so at ease and makes the whole experience so enjoyable for hubby and me.  We got back into the room and settled in and she asks us if we want to find out the gender.  We of course say YES in unison.  I figured she would do the anatomy scan and if there was time left she would look to see if we could find the gender.  NOPE, she dove right in and that was the first thing she looked for.  It took about two seconds and this is what she said...................





























"Yep, that is definitely a penis"

IT'S A BOY!!!!! 

Here are some pictures of our little miracle who we are already soooo in love with. 

                           

Lawson M Masten



Lawson's feet.  He wouldn't uncross them ;)



Hand waving HI!!



Definitely a BOY!!!


The scan went really well and the tech said he is growing right on track and everything looks healthy and in all the right places.  It was music to our ears.  We do have to go back next Friday for another scan to get a picture of the spine since little guy wouldn't move once he snuggled up on his back.  I can't wait to see him again and hope that we get more good news from the scan. 

After the ultrasound we went and picked up a bunch of things for our gender reveal party. I, for some reason, took exactly ZERO pictures.  I have no idea why.  But we bought a little tiny pair of socks for each of our mothers and put them in a box and had them open them at the same time.  It was perfect and everyone was so excited. 

Let the shopping begin!!!  :) 

Here are Lawson's first Thank You cards. Love them. I had a $20 off coupon and free shipping so it was a great deal :)



Have a great day,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!! Love the waving photo. He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker and Lawson are going to be like two peas in a pod! Parker flashed the goods right off the bat at our ultrasound and we also had to go back later to get a look at his spine. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the adorable thank you cards. Can't wait to see you at P's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.