"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Friday, April 29, 2011

Fun Facts Friday! 19 Weeks!!!!

How far along? 19 Weeks!!


Baby's size? Little Man is the size of a mango. 6 inches and 8.5 ounces...baby gained about 2 ounces this week! Yay for soon to be baby fat. :)

Weight Gain? Still down 5lbs but L is growing great so that’s all that matters.

Maternity clothes? Yes please

Stretch marks? A few

Belly button in or out? Still in

Sleep? Sleep is much better now that I have my pillow to sleep with

Foods I am loving? Bacon still

Foods I am hating? Meat

Best moment this week? Finding out we are having a son

Movement? Yes. All day especially after I eat.

Symptoms? Movement, round ligament pain at night, sore breasts, growing belly

Gender? A LITTLE MAN!!

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :)

What I'm looking forward to? Another ultrasound next Friday to get a look at L’s spine.

Weekly Wisdom: You can be 110% sure of the gender and be completely wrong. So just be prepared either way even if you are SOOOOO convinced of its gender.

Milestone: Finding out the gender!! This week the baby can hear us now and he is starting to recognize our voices and hear my heartbeat. This week we learned he is a HE. I feel like this week we both are finally fully aware of each other and that's pretty darn amazing if you ask me. :)

Emotions: CRAZY!! I’m having a SON!!!! It makes it so much more real to know that I am carrying a little man and he has a name and everything. He is our son, our little miracle.



Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.



Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.