"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Fun Facts - 15 Weeks!!!

How far along? 15 Weeks!

Baby's size? Bean is the size of a navel orange! About 4 inches and 2 ounces.

Weight Gain? Still down 3lbs

Maternity clothes? Still in regular tops and jeans but wearing them unbuttoned with my BBand.

Stretch marks? No.

Belly button in or out? Still in.

Sleep? Some nights are better than others, but overall I'm sleeping ok.

Foods I am loving? Oranges and Bacon. This just started a couple days ago and I can’t get enough. Bacon Bacon Bacon. I HATED Bacon before I got pregnant.

Foods I am hating? Still meat

Best moment this week? Hearing Bean’s heartbeat on the Doppler for the first time :)

Movement? Every once in a while I’ll feel a couple flutters. Can’t wait for them to be really noticeable.

Symptoms? New today…. Heartburn!!! I am also less coordinated and I find myself bumping into things or losing my balance. And, joy my ankles have already started swelling :(

Gender? Still thinking it's a girl. But I have moments where I think it could be a boy. We find out April 27th :) I can’t wait.

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :)

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out Bean's gender AND feeling more movement!!

Milestones: I am over a third of the way through! Wow that sounds so weird to say.


Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an orange). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs.  Although her eyelids are still fusted shut, she can sense light.  If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam.  There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.  Finally, if you have an unltrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position.  He or she may be modestly cureld up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.