"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun Facts Friday! 18 weeks!!!

How far along? 18 Weeks!! I still can’t believe it :) Almost half way there!


Baby's size? Bean is the size of a sweet potato! About 5 1/2 inches and 6 1/2 ounces. Mmmm Sweet Potato fries sound sooo good.

Weight Gain? Down 5lbs

Maternity clothes? Same but I need to get my maternity jeans hemmed so I can start wearing those.

Stretch marks? A few

Belly button in or out? Still in.

Sleep? Some night are better than others. I'm usually getting up around 1-2 times a night to pee. Thankfully though I fall back to sleep pretty quickly.

Foods I am loving? Bacon 

Foods I am hating? Meat

Best moment this week? Feeling Bean moving every day usually after meals.

Movement? Absolutely. The greatest feeling in the world.

Symptoms? Forgetfulness, hip and back aches at night or if standing to long (i.e. spending too much time in the craft store walking around) 

Gender? WEDNESDAY!!! :)

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :)

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out Bean's gender!!!!

Milestone: 18 weeks pregnant!!

Emotions: Short fused, still cry at a lot of things and every once in a while when Bean moves a feeling of completely and utter happiness.





Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Happy Friday,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.