"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Friday, May 20, 2011

Fun Facts Friday!! 22 Weeks!!!

How far along? 22 Weeks!!


Baby's size? Little Man is the length of a papaya. About 10.5-12.5 inches and one WHOLE POUND!! :)

Weight Gain? -10 lbs still. I swear I’m eating three whole meals and two snacks a day but he lbs just don’t want to come on. I’m sure they will catch up to be in the end.

Maternity clothes? Still the same...all maternity pants, some regular and some maternity tops.

Stretch marks? Some

Belly button in or out? Still in.

Sleep? Same but the pelvic pain seems to be easing up a bit so that helps.

Foods I am loving? Bacon, Bean Burritos, Water

Foods I am hating? Apparently, Onions (made me throw up the other night) and string cheese.

Best moment this week? DH feeling L move TWICE. Once he kicked/hit him so hard in the hand I thought he was going to break through LOL DH says he is giving him high fives. It’s adorable. He will put his hand on my tummy and when he kicks he says “Hi Five”. I love that man.

Movement? Yes, more and more each week. Plus, yesterday I could feel L stretching and touch his little foot/hand and push back on it. So cool.

Symptoms? Sore boobs, tired, hungry, emotional. ;) I love every minute of it.

Gender? A LITTLE MAN!!

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :)

What I'm looking forward to? Working on his room and feeling him more and more! We have the crib and DH parents are buying the dresser so now we need to get in gear and clean the nursery so we can start decorating.

Weekly Wisdom: Ridiculous advice will start coming your way especially around the 20 week mark. Just smile and realize it's a great thing to joke about with your husband later in the day. :)

Milestone: Almost to six months!! And seeing and feeling the baby!!

Emotions: Easily irritated. I try not to but some people have been getting on my nerves and I just have to walk away. Also, cry at the drop of a hat!


At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

1 comment:

  1. FYI - the advice doesn't stop once you have the kid. It only continues. :)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.