"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thank you to all my new friends...and an interesting finding!

I would just like to start off this post by saying a big THANK YOU to all my new friends (followers) it means so much to me that you want to listen to my ramblings about life, love and infertility.

I had an interesting night last night, I am staying the weekend with my parents in my home town while the hubby is gone working graveyards.  It's nice to be able to get a couple nights sleep without my mind racing and wondering what every little sound is.  Well, my parents were gone for the evening so I decided to head over and visit one of my cousins who I don't get to see very often and catch up on how things have been going in her world.  Well, as things usually go with us we were up until 1 a.m. chatting away while her DH snored away on the couch :)

What was my interesting find you might ask?  My cousin and I some how got on the conversation of thyroid medications and it made me remember that I had not taken mine yet so I opened my purse pulled out my medication and popped one of those itty bitty little blue pills (no not those blue pills) LOL.  My cousin see's me do this and askes if I always take my pills at night and I reply yes.  Ever since I was diagnosed about 9 years ago.  Why I ask?  Well, apparently, you are supposed to take the pills first thing in the morning and at least an hour before any meal.  I was shocked why had no one ever told me this.  So I look on the side of the bottle and it says.  "Take one pill daily, a hour before Breakfast"  Oh my lord, how have I not seen that for 9 years :) Come to find out not taking your thyroid medication at the right time can have effects on your fertility.  I know this will not be the end all,cure all for our TTC struggles but I'm hoping it is at least one of the little pieces of the big picture. 

Happy Egg hunting!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so happy that you were able to figure that out! That is great! I hope that that helps you out (even if it is just a piece to the puzzle!)
    Oh, and thanks for the information on PCOS you left me!!! It is really nice to feel like I have friends out there who can help me through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I hope this helps everything out in a few months!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.