"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Sunday, April 18, 2010

April Shower's bring May Flowers!!

Had a very LONG but great day yesterday. Left with my MIL and FIL @ 10:25 a.m. and headed up to my SIL's baby shower 3 hrs away. Spent all day with some AMAZING women, we ate, we drank, we watched her open presents, and it was a blast. Since I only get to see my SIL and that side of our family a couple times a year it was great to get to visit with her and her family. Shout out to her sister Here who hosted the shower and made some of the most delicious food. You Rock!!!

I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to contain myself while at the shower but did a great job and am proud to report that there were no outbursts of random crying or scene making. In fact I truly enjoyed myself. Even when people insisted on repeatedly asked my MIL if this was her first. Of course it's not her first. Her first is resting peacefully in heaven, but I know that that is not socially appropriate nor the answer they were asking for. Unfortunately, holding it all in for 10+ hrs resulted in me bawling my head off from the second I hit my car's driver’s seat till I drove in my driveway a half hour later. Not because I am sad my SIL is having a baby, I cannot express enough how excited and happy I am for my SIL and BIL and their little miracle. I cannot wait to meet the little one and spoil him rotten, but because I am sad that I was not a fit enough mother to keep mine alive. Needless to say I had the worst headache of my life by the time I got home and had to take some Tylenol P.M to get through the night.



On a lighter note, here are some photos of my gorgeous SIL from the shower:


Opening my gift, I can't resist a cute baby outfit!!!

The adorable letters to go over Parkers Crib

JEEP stroller, tested and approved by daddy in Babies R' Us :)

Adorable little Monkey footsies

My gorgeous SIL(on the left) and I (on the right)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.