"Before you were conceived we wanted you, Before you were born we loved you, Before you were here an hour we would give our life for you. This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins"





Thursday, June 23, 2011

27 Weeks!!! And a new picture :)

How far along? 27 Weeks!! Some books say this is the first week of the 3rd trimester. Some say it's next week. If I go by the doctors due date, I am 27 weeks on Friday. If I go by my due date, I am 28 weeks on Monday. Either way, we are almost to the third trimester 


Baby's size? Little Man should be about 13-14 1/2 inches and 1.5-2 lbs. However, we had an ultrasound yesterday and he is weighing in at a whopping 2.6lbs  Big boy, but love those chubby cheeks.





Weight Gain? -12

Stretch marks? Nope.

Belly button in or out? In. I think it’s going to hang out in there for the long haul.

Sleep? Same, I did sleep in a bed that had a mattress pad over the weekend though and it was heaven so I will be investing in one of those very soon.

Foods I am loving? Nothing in particular at this point.

Foods I am hating? Meat. Which is weird because most people crave meat when their pregnant with boys. My husband says it’s because I’m so stubborn LOL

Best moment this week? Seeing him on the ultrasound!!!

Movement? Yes! Are you kidding me? This kid is a mover and a shaker and I LOVE every minute of it!!! I definitely want to meet him in September and hold him in my arms but I could be pregnant forever and love it, feeling his little kicks and movements. It brings a smile to my face every time.

Symptoms? Same.

Gender? All Boy!!!

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :)

What I'm looking forward to? Another ultrasound on July 20th and my baby shower on July 31st.

Emotions: Pretty mellow lately. Other than the occasional irritation with stupid drivers but that was there before I was pregnant 


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!!! Please feel free to leave as many as you wish I would love to hear what you have to say.